In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- I have even tried hypo-allergenic brands, but my face gets bright red and puffs up no matter which brand I try.
- Make sure that all of their skincare is hypo-allergenic and formulated for sensitive and dry skin.
- You can purchase hypo-allergenic food from James Wellbeloved, a producer of dried food.
- The range currently includes soap bars and a hypo-allergenic washing powder.
- It is also non-toxic and hypo-allergenic to livestock and humans.
- Can't she pick out her own Zircon and hypo-allergenic steel?
- Time for Gene Wilder to do a sequel called ‘Old Franksteen’ where he'd have a hypo-allergenic cat named ‘Franken-kitty’.
- Whatever diet you provide, it needs to be hypo-allergenic for your individual dog.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.