In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1hipocondríaco masculinehipocondríaca feminine
- For hypochondriacs reading this, tell the cool heart attack story.
- We true hypochondriacs resent people like you.
- And like hypochondriacs, their diagnoses always are grim.
- I'm not a hypochondriac: other than this, my health is great.
- Considering the number of hypochondriacs out there, that's probably just as well.
- Some participants were instructed to show up at hospitals later, playing the role of hypochondriacs with mysterious symptoms.
- Even hypochondriacs get sick, and the anti-discrimination lobby exists in part because real discrimination exists.
- Is this an illness or is it an acceptable label for hypochondriacs?
- So there are a few hypochondriacs around then?
- And, finally, there could be cemeteries for hypochondriacs which are, and will remain, eerily empty.
- It's nearly impossible to ignore such complaints, because now and then, even hypochondriacs get sick.
- Her patients range from the terminally ill to manipulative hypochondriacs, from veiled Bangladeshi women to convicted felons.
- This is a valuable tool for individuals with compromised immune systems - and a virtual encyclopedia for hypochondriacs.
- Psychosocial problems may be, or become, predominant, especially if patients are treated as malingerers or hypochondriacs.
- It has been the hot tech topic for hypochondriacs and health buffs for years.
- But I think that if people check themselves regularly, they will not become hypochondriacs, it will reassure them.
- And don't you dare think that migraines are just bad headaches for hypochondriacs.
- Jack wrote back explaining it's the sort of thing he's always wanted, not old hypochondriacs like myself in the city.
- It is no surprise, then, if hypochondriacs like her are the biggest culprits at wasting water.
- Finally, on to a book that will delight social historians and hypochondriacs alike.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.