In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- As for the authorities, surely there's a level of hypocrisy or humbug at the least.
- Here is a fine example of journalistic hypocrisy, and you can never know that this is a sin I am guilty of.
- There is an important point to be made about so-called sexual hypocrisy in government.
- Chao's hostility to politicians stems from what he considers their intrinsic hypocrisy.
- The slaughter of men, women and children has been concealed by military and religious hypocrisy.
- The way society views the whole drug scene is riddled with hypocrisy and double standards.
- Something must be done about this, if we are not to continue in our habitual posture of concerned hypocrisy.
- The fact that she is an impostor makes an incredibly ironic point about hypocrisy.
- This book also does a tremendous job of exposing the corruption and hypocrisy of big business.
- There's a lot of hypocrisy from the government about crime and what is happening in the inner cities.
- They will be exposed for things called hypocrisy and cant, and they will not get away with it.
- Dislike of the clergy, accused of hypocrisy and worse, was of ancient origins.
- There's almost as much hypocrisy in the present government as there is in the church.
- The common factor among the marchers was a rejection of cant, lies and hypocrisy.
- At the same time, the artist alludes to the real world, having it out with hypocrisy and duplicity.
- I myself have had problems with American politics and hypocrisy since I was a small child.
- So, on top of everything else, there seems to be a case of political hypocrisy here.
- There has certainly been too much misguided media management, some hypocrisy and even sleaze.
- The words we hear from our leaders are a daily diet of lies, spin and hypocrisy.
- However, as with the infant formula companies, the industry stands accused of hypocrisy.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.