In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The scientific method involves proposing a hypothesis then trying to disprove it.
- The hypothesis is that the view from the castle will be so spoiled that it will put off visitors.
- Different hypotheses have been proposed to explain the mechanism of attachment.
- I think it's important to note that what I'm proposing here is a hypothesis rather than a conclusion.
- All you will ever have is circumstantial evidence and an un-falsifiable hypothesis.
- Several hypotheses have been proposed to explain the number of times segmentation arose.
- Several hypotheses can be proposed to explain why variance increases with longer intervals.
- In the seventeenth century, a number of hypotheses had been proposed for the origin of fossils.
- Even a religion that stresses faith above all else seeks evidence to confirm its hypotheses.
- The only thing you can do is say the evidence suggests that the hypothesis is true.
- This variation is poorly understood, and several hypotheses have been proposed.
- The conceptual peg hypothesis provides a theoretical explanation of the difference.
- All scientists do is try to generalise hypotheses from evidence and then attempt to test them in future.
- Well, everyone comes at an investigation with certain hypotheses or certain biases.
- All of those hypotheses were proposed indirectly and may not be mutually exclusive to each other.
- There are several hypotheses or models proposed to explain how feedback limitation of photosynthesis may be regulated.
- Embedded within the hypothesis will be concepts that will need to be translated into researchable entities.
- We use the emergence of these patterns as hypotheses that may be investigated in real fish schools.
- Almost all were rhetorical or editorial, with some offering explanatory hypotheses or sociological theories.
- Three hypotheses may be proposed to account for this unanticipated observation.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.