In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- A hypothetical case explores the legal issues involved.
- For illustrative purposes, various hypothetical cases of age-related cognitive decline will be described and discussed.
- Estimates that do exist are based on hypothetical projections from local investigations with questionable validity.
- But any thoughts of expanding the program are ‘based on hypothetical funding,’ Cecire said.
- On this I will defend the use of hypothetical philosophical thought experiments.
- This term reflects the fact that he developed it through reflection on John Rawls' account of justice as grounded on a hypothetical social contract.
- The hypothetical question based on the operative report of Dr. Carroll was put to Dr. Winton in these terms by defence counsel.
- The preceding description of a hypothetical study is based on the use of traditional endoscopie methods.
- These situations are not hypothetical; they are based on real stories from faculty members across the country.
- This program produces a subset of hypothetical products based on the attribute levels provided by the researcher.
- The analysis was based on a hypothetical cohort of 60-year-old medical patients being treated for acute respiratory failure.
- Estimating requires speculation because it is hypothetical.
- However, the onlap interpretation is based on hypothetical time lines in unstudied locations.
- In advance of combat, polls filled with hypothetical questions have limited predictive ability.
- And it is to the world that is there that the scientist must go to confirm or disconfirm the hypothetical objects of scientific theory.
- The identification of risk starts with considering hypothetical scenarios based on past experience, i.e., the ‘what if’ approach.
- I'm just pointing out to you a hypothetical experiment.
- Consider these hypothetical examples based on cases I have seen during my work in social services.
- Some philosophers have adduced hypothetical examples to support the conclusion that we ought to set the threshold very high.
- In the circumstances, I am unwilling to express a conclusion based on a hypothetical view of the evidence in respect of an issue now academic.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.