In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The hypothetical role of tissue hypoxia also needs to be explored.
- Increased hypoxia in local tissues, marked oedema of the toes, or development of venous hypertension may be involved.
- These hemorrhagic and hemolytic events would result in tissue hypoxia that would, in turn, stimulate erythropoiesis.
- This is not easy, as too little fluid will cause hypoperfusion whereas too much will lead to oedema that will cause tissue hypoxia.
- Oxygen is cheap, widely available, and used in a range of settings and conditions to relieve or prevent tissue hypoxia.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.