In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1histerectomía feminineshe had a hysterectomy — le hicieron una histerectomía
- He got the eggs from bits of ovary that had been removed from women undergoing hysterectomies.
- In May the surgeons will know whether they have to perform a full hysterectomy and try to remove the bowel.
- A hospital consultant carried out a scan which revealed a large growth which Dorcas needs a hysterectomy to remove.
- The mean number of laparoscopic hysterectomies per gynaecologist was therefore 13 over four years.
- Gynaecologists were free to choose a surgical hysterectomy technique.
- Laparoscopic hysterectomy may help to avoid a laparotomy, but urinary tract injury is a genuine concern.
- I was given surprisingly little information, considering a hysterectomy is major surgery.
- All six of the damaged ureters occurred in the laparoscopic hysterectomy arms.
- The alternative is a hysterectomy, removal of the womb, after which pregnancy is impossible.
- She had a remote hysterectomy and bilateral salpingo-oopherectomy for benign disease.
- What are the ethical considerations around obtaining Miss Webb's consent for a hysterectomy and what would be best practice here?
- Cervical cancer screening should be continued in women who have had a subtotal hysterectomy.
- Since then, she has had a hysterectomy and is no longer iron deficient.
- A hysterectomy is a commonly performed operation to remove the uterus (womb).
- She also indicated that she had undergone a hysterectomy many years ago.
- This could have a major affect on the overall health status of women undergoing hysterectomies.
- One of the fears of women considering a hysterectomy is whether their sexual function will be affected.
- And this was being used for other types of surgery including hysterectomies, laparoscopies and prolapse repairs.
- Women who want to have a baby can still do so after a cone biopsy, but not following a hysterectomy.
- The decision to perform a hysterectomy should be based on measurable values.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.