In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- A lot of people went up to talk to him after the show, but I've always shied away from that sort of thing.
- We live in a loft, there are no doors I can close, I've just got to get on with it.
- This is the longest thing I've ever written, and the early reviews have been stunning.
- I think moving to an electric guitar will help with the problems I've had with some chords.
- As for my own game, I've been seeing some definite progress over the past couple of months.
- Hope to get all the links I've gathered since Christmas together up here over the weekend.
- I've decided on the former course but I've not stepped yet beyond the point of no return.
- Perhaps this means I ought to contact her as I've not seen her for a little while.
- Anyway, having said that, I've made amends and posted a couple of new stories today.
- If you're looking for a more literal experience of culture shock, I've got that too.
- Part of me is worried that I've created yet another reason for me to spend more of each day staring at a screen.
- I expect many of you see them all the time but I've only ever seen them on nature documentaries.
- Needless to say, all that and no dinner meant I've been feeling a little the worse for wear today.
- All I seem to have done since I've got back here is talk about how X is different in the States.
- But mostly this all to fill a bit of space while I've been too busy to update this Blog!
- You may or may not recognise my guests so I've included a short descriptive text.
- That, if it's not too overblown a metaphor, is how I feel if I've sent a lot of email.
- I'm lucky enough to have the freedom to live where I want because I've made a few quid.
- It only sticks out a bit, but sometimes it sticks out more, depending on how much I've eaten.
- Got some interesting events to relate to the blog and the people that read it, but I've come out on top.
- I have
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.