In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1período de glaciación masculineglaciación femininethe Ice age — la época glaciar
- Polar bears probably diverged from brown bear ancestors near the Arctic coast of Eurasia early in the Ice Age.
- Excavations show that previous residents from the Ice Age included wolves, bison, rhinos, hyenas and bears.
- The greatest rate of ice shelf development probably occurred near the end of the Ice Age.
- No art is more clearly dominated by inherited traditions, forms, subject matter, and technique than the art of the Ice Age.
- Experts say it is one of the few cases where evidence shows men either killing or butchering animals on a site from the Ice Age period.
- Globally, sea level has been rising slowly but surely since the end of the Pleistocene ice age.
- Until the end of the Ice Age, 13,000 years ago, Tasmania was connected to the mainland by a land bridge.
- Probably only the cause of the Pleistocene ice age has generated as many bewildering theories.
- This exquisite piece is no simple rendition of the chunky horses of the Ice Age European steppes.
- A Paleolithic flute is being played for the first time since the Ice Age.
- He was ambivalent about whether or not they were ever filled by ice sheets during the Ice Age.
- It was a very quick rate of change between the Ice Age and the warmer period.
- Part I explores timber cutting from the end of the Ice Age through the medieval period.
- In the blessed Yaak, however, not a single mammal has gone extinct since the end of the Ice Age.
- It may well be that the activity we see today is just a fraction of the intense seepage occurring during the Ice Age.
- My guess is that our Palaeolithic ancestors 20,000 years ago in the depths of the Ice Age were counting things.
- This is the fifth book in the series Earth's Children, a magnificent pre-historic saga set in the Ice Age.
- This week he looks at the aftermath of the Ice Age, which saw the land recolonised by flora and fauna.
- Woolly mammoths are perhaps the best known mammals of the Ice Age.
- Furthermore, the ice sheet during the Ice Age would have been lower and warmer at the time the snow was building.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.