In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(invariable adjective) azul claro
1azul claro masculine
- This time, the power she used to craft a spell was ice blue - the power Laise had granted her.
- Ryu let out a scream as the dragon opened its throat and unleashed a blast of ice blue flames.
- She had ice blue with a splash of dark ocean blue scales and bright orange eyes brighter than the burning sun.
- Ilantar turned, and drew his long, platinum hair away from his ice-blue eyes with one pale hand, to look upon his comrade.
- The fairy was about four inches tall and had jet black hair with ice blue eyes and a shimmering white dress with pale blue accents.
- Joel pressed himself against the wall, his gaze never leaving those ice blue glares.
- His eyes were ice blue, and steely, yet full of wisdom and knowledge.
- Ghostly pale white, ice blue, and even blood red eyes all gleamed hungrily at me.
- She stared at the muscles that bulged in his arm and that would not relax, and then her eyes drifted to the flaring, ice blue Blade.
- Remembering the reason why she woke up, Alex glanced at the bed and was met with fierce ice blue.
- In warm months, light colors such as pink, ice blue or peach can help you keep cool.
- Her eyes were ice blue and frantic and two blue pieces of hair framed her face.
- His pale, ice blue eyes burn into mine, but there is no hatred this time.
- The two women stared each other down, hazel-brown eyes in a pale face meeting ice blue eyes in a dark one.
- As for Lith, I decided that the base of a white dragon's legs would be ice blue.
- The two Blades clashed violently and energy crackled and snapped through the air when they met, ice blue against fiery red.
- Their eyes were ice blue, and were just as cold, and they appeared to have no nose.
- Her eyes were ice blue and her hair fell in thick blonde strands with a small braid on the side.
- She had opened her eyes fully grown and spreading her ice blue wings she knelt at the feet of Staris who had created her.
- Gothep looked intensely into Jenna's eyes, his own glowing from ice blue to fiery red.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.