In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1helado masculinebefore noun ice-cream soda — (refresco efervescente mezclado con helado) ice cream soda masculine
- ice-cream sundae — copa de helado
- The brief dessert menu offers ice cream and pancake as well as baklava and kadaif.
- We defined high fat dairy food as whole milk, ice cream, hard cheese, butter, and sour cream.
- Dust with icing sugar, slice thickly and serve with custard, cream or ice-cream.
- For pudding I would have pecan pie and ginger ice cream with some kind of poison in it so I could cheat the hangman.
- I enjoyed the hot chocolate fondant with stem ginger ice-cream and my petit fours were a delight.
- You can sample any of them with mini ice-cream spoons, from a tray of jars dedicated to that purpose.
- All that followed by apple pie, custard and vanilla ice cream is my idea of heaven.
- You could, of course make your own sponge cake for this simple ice cream dessert.
- We loved to play on the roof and used to have mango ice-cream parties, musical evenings and fly kites up there.
- The fresh petals are used in salads, as garnishes, and to flavour milk puddings and ice cream.
- Visitors to Ripon may mistake the green and cream shelter in the Market Place for an ice-cream kiosk.
- I have grown-up children and fortunately they were never big ice-cream lovers.
- A passing ice-cream vendor did well however, when he stopped to see what was going on.
- I had a choc covered flake cone, and was frustrated to find ice-cream melting onto my fingers.
- My sticky toffee pudding with tablet ice cream was the only standard-issue part of our whole meal.
- For every donation to the National Blood Service they will get a free ice-cream tub voucher.
- Of the puddings, a warm chocolate fondant with peanut ice-cream and artichoke caramel really stood out.
- The dessert menu is short, with the customary choices of creme caramel and ice cream.
- This is excellent on its own, but it would also be nice to serve it with ice-cream or custard.
- I always have either tuna provencale, or the Drones burger and the warm chocolate tart with ice cream.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.