In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1hockey sobre hielo masculine
- Protesters had hoped the new rink would open at the same time for all the ice skaters and ice hockey players who train there.
- The city breeds ice-hockey players, speed skaters, gold-medal wrestlers, world-champion ice-speedway riders, and mammoth rugby forwards.
- Then we hope that we can build up or form ice hockey teams, and run regular competitions.
- Players need to be brave as well as bright, and adherents claim it is the second fastest team sport in the world, after ice hockey.
- Texol also sponsors the local Dundee Texol Stars ice hockey team.
- He bought the football club and then spent millions of pounds adding rugby, basketball and ice-hockey teams.
- The aim is to provide ice skating and ice hockey training for schools in West Bradford.
- They actually turn up at stadiums to cheer their baseball and football and ice hockey teams.
- While training to run a half-marathon, Beej is playing on a men's ice hockey team.
- Some rated it as possibly even more important than Canada's 1972 Olympic ice hockey victory over Russia.
- We also had two decent standard athletics clubs, two half decent ice-hockey teams and Britain's second best ice dancers.
- Other nations, like Slovenia, are more interested in ice hockey, skiing or basketball.
- Sweden finally beat Canada at the world ice hockey championship but there was no gold medal at stake on Saturday.
- The bonds which exist between Canada and ice hockey extend far beyond mere sport and spectator.
- There is even a newish ice rink and ice hockey team, called the Belfast Giants.
- He captained the Swindon Cubs under-tens ice hockey team to the national finals last season.
- They are destined to be outshone forever by a bunch of under-achievers known as the Maple Leafs, the city's ice hockey team.
- Nobody from Blackburn Hawks ice hockey team was available for comment.
- The University of Waterloo is now proud to have a women's ice hockey team.
- Two female ice skaters practicing on the ice are crowded off of it by the arrival of two male ice hockey teams.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.