In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1capa de hielo feminine
- We consider climate and sea level as the two most likely mechanisms for early deglaciation of the British-Irish ice sheet.
- Younger cited evidence for extensive ground freezing in SE England during the Devensian, beyond the limit of the Devensian ice sheet.
- Several scientists have proposed that the southern part of the Greenland ice sheet disappeared during the period of maximum interglacial warmth.
- The results present estimates of the thermal, hydrological and mechanical effects of a regional ice sheet, determined from a simplified ice-sheet model.
- Later, as the permafrost melted and the ice sheet warmed as a result of climatic amelioration, the ice would have become wetbased.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.