1capa de hielo feminine
- We consider climate and sea level as the two most likely mechanisms for early deglaciation of the British-Irish ice sheet.
- Younger cited evidence for extensive ground freezing in SE England during the Devensian, beyond the limit of the Devensian ice sheet.
- Several scientists have proposed that the southern part of the Greenland ice sheet disappeared during the period of maximum interglacial warmth.
- The results present estimates of the thermal, hydrological and mechanical effects of a regional ice sheet, determined from a simplified ice-sheet model.
- Later, as the permafrost melted and the ice sheet warmed as a result of climatic amelioration, the ice would have become wetbased.