1plataforma de hielo feminine
- Part of the puzzle has been whether the ice streams were flowing, whether they carried interior ice to the ice shelf at the end of the last ice age, and whether they began where they do now or receded along with the ice shelf's grounding line.
- In the 1990s a berg the size of Oxfordshire broke off the Antarctic ice shelf and was widely hailed as proof of global warming.
- A floating ice shelf is like the crust of the earth floating on the earth's plastic mantle.
- Covered in snow on an ice shelf about 656 feet thick, the Neumayer II station will be retired in 2007.
- However, this trend could be a result of the greater distance from the source of evaporation beyond the edge of an ice shelf to the accumulation site as the ice shelves grew slowly equatorward.