1US informal, dated(refrigerator)refrigerador masculinenevera feminineheladera feminine River Plate
- How about a refrigerator that goes back to the old icebox concept and stores coolness in a block of frozen material during certain hours?
- But in other parts of the world, consumers with small iceboxes chug their milk from a rectangular drink box kept in the pantry.
- While the pie was baking, she removed some vegetables and meat from the icebox to prepare for dinner.
- May, could you please get some eggs out of the icebox?
- People might have had iceboxes, but the very first home ‘fridges’ were not invented until 1913 and not mass-produced until 1939.
2British(freezing compartment)congelador masculine
- He stood beside the fridge with the icebox in his hand, looking a little dumb.
- Have been inspired by the immensely satisfying experiencing of defrosting the icebox on Sunday.
- Rufie actually made one of her famous icebox cakes in honour of my arrival.
- Store your vermouth in the icebox so that it is always cold.
- Marcia poured her diet coke into a glass and she pulled the icebox out of the small refrigerator and put a few in.