In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- And Dong Ayi did not exactly complain when I took a shower or opened the window or drank iced water.
- Some can be used to cook with or make iced drinks.
- I even got another iced coffee, one of many during the trip.
- I'm watching Meet the Press, as I drink iced coffee and eat an egg sandwich.
- Out on the broad verandas of the hotel, men and women, in coolwhite, sipped iced drinks and kept their circulation down.
- Jade stuck her tongue out at her and went back to drinking her iced coffee.
- For some time, the patient has been living off junk food, in particular pizza with cold iced drinks.
- Some coffees - particularly the frozen or sweetened iced drinks - can pack a powerful caloric punch.
- When the cubes are al dente, chill immediately in iced water.
- It's most helpful when you have a headache and a strong thirst for iced drinks.
- When it gets too much, there is always a fan to stand beside, an iced drink to savour.
- Have a drink of cool or iced water if you are flushed, it may help to settle it down.
- Davey noticed how the big guy was only drinking iced water.
- Bottles of green tea, cooled in chests of iced water, are among the refreshing drinks available.
- Blood collected for analysis was cooled immediately with iced water and centrifuged at 2200 rpm for 20 minutes.
- The same trend holds true for iced coffee or tea and alcohol.
- People used the ice to store food and also to make iced drinks.
- The night commences and everyone sprang into a social butterfly, while I sat at my seat and slowly drank my iced water.
- Everybody else stayed on the belvedere, sipping iced drinks.
- End off with an iced drink or hot cocoa or hot cider depending on the season.
2(covered in icing)(bun) glaseado(cake) con baño de fondant
- A big thank you to Mary Morrisson who has baked and donated a beautiful iced cake to be raffled.
- Right in the middle of the table was a big birthday cake, iced in white with red flowers, and Happy 18th birthday Toni in gold.
- Being a sucker for iced Christmas cake, I was delighted with my choice, especially as Ann declined a sample!
- They all celebrated his success after the race and presented him with a specially iced cake.
- Part of the problem was figuring out what was inside some of the heavily iced cakes.
- Uncle Sam arrives in good time: The marquee is up, Uncle Sam's arrived, and the cake is iced.
- Push an iced cookie into the top of each cupcake.
- He picked up an iced bun from the silver stand on the counter.
- A raffle will take place for a rich iced fruit cake.
- Spread Royal Icing on the flat side of each of two disks; push iced sides together to form a roughly spherical shape.
- The door closed behind her as she went back inside the house, which was iced like a cake from the winter frost.
- Tea was served with a piece of blue and white (the new guild's colours) iced christening cake.
- Keep the project really simple by purchasing large heart-shaped iced cookies, or you can bake your own.
- The family cook runs out of mincemeat, the cake is not iced yet and the tree is still to be decorated.
- The guild's next meeting is on Tuesday, January 7 and the competition is for the best slice of homemade iced Christmas cake.
- As I walked down the street of her house, lost in my thoughts of iced cake and fine tea, I bumped into a young woman.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.