In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
(hard)glaseado masculinefondant masculine
- These icings are a perfect way to top off your organic desserts or turn your black forest cake into a truly eco-friendly treat.
- The icing is lifeless and the cake is flat and dry.
- You would have been confronted with the dull thud of abstract nouns and adjectives sprinkled about like chocolate chips on the chocolate icing of a chocolate cake.
- It makes icings, marzipan and nut products, which it supplies to caterers and supermarkets.
- Keep the icing in a bowl, covered with a damp paper towel and a layer of plastic wrap.
- Cakes covered with these relatively simple icings are often further decorated with the addition of glacé cherries, angelica, silver dragées, hundreds and thousands, etc.
- Powdery confectioners' sugar contains a small amount of starch, which is desirable in some products like icings and pastry creams but not desirable in brioche.
- Now you will make your various frostings and icings, or prepare your melted chocolate for drizzling, or dust with powdered sugar to decorate your cookies as directed.
- As trade with the New World increased, cochineal became the standard dye for a wide variety of uses, from the red coats of British soldiers, to the red tints of artists' paints and the coloring of pastry icings.
- The carton says: ‘Great for cakes, icings, biscuits, French toast, quiche, batters and coatings for baking or frying!’
- My friend is an excellent cook and she has planned the menu carefully, from pressure-cooking the beans for the homemade hummus to the icing on the brownies.
- Re-melt the chocolate if necessary, and then drizzle over the icing.
- For the icing, melt chocolate then stir until smooth and whisk in cream.
- When the door shut behind him, I dipped my finger into the icing and tasted it.
- While cake is baking, make the icing by mixing together cream cheese, creme fraiche, butter, vanilla, sugar and walnuts.
- Both cake and icing will keep in the fridge for up to three days.
- Thin with water if icing is too thick to drizzle.
- One birthday, she had chocolate cake with pink icing, and she and two friends spent the entire afternoon running through the sprinkler.
- No, it was a normal cake with no icing or any flavour other than vanilla, but it was green, as if he was celebrating Eid, or St. Patrick's Day.
- The sponge was moist and the icing simply scrumptious!
(soft)baño masculinechocolate icing — baño de chocolate masculine
2(formation of ice)formación de hielo feminine
- The report also confirmed that the icing may not have been noticed by Mr Baldwin because of safety implements fitted in the vehicle.
- As I watched sheets of ice being thrown off our rotor blades, I realized how serious the icing had been.
- Signs of engine icing could include loss of power, abnormal or slow RPM response to throttle movement, and indications of engine surge or stall.
- Mixed ice is the most dangerous kind of airframe icing due to its weight and disruption to the airflow.
- Compared to the turbulence, the hail and the lightning, icing was the biggest threat of all.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.