In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
transitive verbiconifying, iconified, iconifies
- They provide the facility which allows you to move your windows around the screen, iconify and maximize them, and kill off those applications which just refuse to go away.
- This tool can be handy for long-running tasks; substitute the program name for the sleep command, and it will iconify the window, do the work and get back in your face when it's done.
- Moreover, Celtic Kings iconifies badly, which is annoying for me because I'm always trying to do something in the background.
- Windows belonging to the same Window groups can be iconified, killed, moved and shaded all at the same time.
- When the smoothdock program is running, everything becomes iconified, except the pager for the virtual desktops, including running tasks.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.