In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Without pragmatists, idealists have no idea how to get there.
- An idealist tempered by realism, Holland was a doer, not a doubter.
- A Wilsonian idealist sees democracy promotion as the foundation of national security.
- Idealists around the world refuse to fight for their ideals.
- Affected by delusions, he had undertaken the action of an idealist without any notion of the consequences.
- Both were idealists who were born out of the failure of the liberal dream to build a better world.
- I guess being an idealist, I often think that things are often not the way they should be.
- Frank, always the idealist, had no problem in deciding where he stood in all this.
- The youthful idealists were developing a cold cruelty.
- Realists and idealists can both be effective leaders.
- The ordinary man - the idealist - subordinates his interests to the interests of his ideals, and usually suffers for it.
- A materialist may have no more difficulty with idea or pattern than an idealist has with hardware.
- A corner of government opened itself to young idealists.
- Now I have seen several generations of young idealists come and go and the problems have worsened dramatically.
- What the program did do was make me wonder about the hazards of being an idealist.
- The real idealist is a pragmatist and an economist.
- As students, we have the luxury of being political idealists, and it is time to put our ideas to work.
- Idealists treat the sovereign independence of states as a basic cause of war and its attendant misery.
- Whether religious or not, these bright young things are idealists fighting the good fight.
- I am an idealist, and I believe that we can and will fundamentally change our broken political system.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.