In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1.1(act of identifying)identificación femininea sample has been sent to the lab for identification — se ha enviado una muestra al laboratorio para su identificación
- Keith Morris is happy with the news of the positive identification, though he won't relax until the divers complete their final dive in safety.
- There are several toxic species, so positive identification of any cobweb-caps to be eaten is essential.
- Schools don't teach the names of trees or identification of birds and frogs.
- According to both O'Brien and Kieswetter, the recruiting process begins with player identification.
- In looking specifically at masculinity in this context, I want to examine the process of narcissistic identification in more detail.
- Today we await the positive identification of the body and any details of how and when she died.
- I do not argue with the fact or identification of sentencing error.
- The identification of two named genera in a single organism presents a taxonomic dilemma.
- Aptitude identification should be a continuous process, specially designed to go along with the secondary education.
- In fact no positive identification of him is ever made.
- Well, the whole process of identification actually takes place a few steps before DNA testing.
- These cultures often take up to six weeks for positive identification.
- That information included a unique biometric form of identification: a fingerprint.
- The identification of suspects by name provides a huge area for obfuscation.
- You need someone who has the actual expertise to confirm positive identification.
- They must have a high preservation potential, be relatively common, and also be distinctive so that accurate identification is possible.
- The first step in the risk management process is risk identification.
- One mode by which coloring one element could slow processing is by making identification of the color more difficult.
- They act openly and brazenly in the belief that Gardai will have difficulty in making any positive identification.
- Cultivar name or sample identification is at the top of each lane.
1.2(evidence of identity)have you got any other identification? — ¿tiene algún otro documento que acredite su identidad?
- before noun identification bracelet — brazalete de identificación
- identification papers — papeles de identificación
- identification documents — documentación
- identification tag — placa de identidad
2(empathy, association)identificación feminineidentification with sb/sth — identificación con algn/algo
- he felt a close identification with the main character — sentía una gran identificación con el protagonista
- the identification of happiness with material wealth — la identificación de la felicidad con la riqueza material
- New forms of national identification can only come out of the process of British people living, working and debating together.
- The story constitutes an identification with childhood.
- The populist side of me is very much about my identification with the culture of a newsroom.
- But its inherent limitations meant that it could never fully escape from its identification with victimhood.
- But equally interesting was the lack of identification with the official government region in which people live.
- Part of the lure of going to the cinema is not only the pleasure of looking but also the processes of identification that this allows.
- Possibly this would add a sense of discomfort, and possibly an identification with imprisonment.
- A wedding ring and government paper equally represent social identification.
- The identification of order with law eliminates from public consciousness the very concept of the decentralized provision of order.
- He developed an intellectual identification with France that would last his entire life.
- It also facilitated the identification of the church and of various church associations with the National Revolution.
- What always came through in Cash's music and life was his identification with and compassion for the underdog.
- There is a tendency to associate case studies with qualitative research, but such an identification is not appropriate.
- Their lifelong identification with the working class was forged during these years.
- In a final duet, with post-gypsy band Dress, they build towards an erotic identification with their audience.
- The men are isolated in their consciousness by their close identification with machines.
- Boys, however, must break with their primary identification with their mothers in order to become male identified.
- He was one of those political people who refused an identification with a specific race or nation or movement or party.
- The fluttering of rainbow flags also indicates a waning identification with the Italian nation and a loss of support for the Italian state.
- The desecration of a church and the group's name suggest a strong identification with Wicca..
- He was the preeminent actor of the jeans and torn t-shirt generation who sought a total identification with the characters they played.
- From the folk culture, adolescents receive a world view and an identification with a unique cultural system.
- At the heart of this process of identification was the assumption that Europeans had a right to label non-Europeans.
- The surface advantage of group identification is that an identity comes prefabricated.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.