In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- One of the benefits of the system is that we can take the identification parade out of the police station.
- On 20th July 2000 Murray stood on an identification parade.
- On 16 January at the identification parade he picked out Mr Keep as walking up Devon Way.
- Earlier on 26th April she had attended an identification parade.
- If a case is of pure recognition of someone well known to the eyewitness, it may again be futile to hold an identification parade.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.