In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1identikit picture — retrato robot masculine Spain
- There is another identikit in that section, 857 point 4, with a person with long hair, but I think that is a different offender.
- She has been extremely helpful with the information she provided yesterday to enable us to put the identikit together.
- The book will teach children to interpret all forms of abuse, and how to reach the police, give evidence, and complete an identikit.
- Police may get a better picture of a suspect by ‘morphing’ together identikits obtained from more than one witness description, researchers said yesterday.
- Or was it when you saw images of earthquake damage, diseased people or identikit pictures of recently deceased people.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.