In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1rueda de presos femininerueda de sospechosos femininerueda de reconocimiento femininerueda de identificación feminine
- They would also have appreciated that Mr Hackney could not be sure of the appellant's identity on an identity parade.
- The point was taken that he was never asked to attend an identity parade.
- Indeed, inside the building there is a huge special hall intended for the use of, among other things, the Community Policing Forum, as well as for the identity parade of suspects.
- Having established that a murder had been committed to their own satisfaction if nobody else's, they proceeded to line up the suspects, like an identity parade.
- Later he picks out the accused on an identity parade.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.