In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- He is guided neither by the maxims of a political ideology nor by conspicuous moral principle, but rather by a simple need to retain power.
- Finally, a political party is the convergence of a group of people based on their political ideals and ideologies.
- The Stalinists had played a central role in Nasser's career and in facilitating Nasserism as a political ideology.
- Another thing I don't understand is the romantic idea that ‘anarchy’ is a political ideology.
- The new party has to be nationalist, built on sound principles of open ideology and economic policies.
- This decision is quite obviously influenced by the political ideology of the political party in power now.
- Traditionally, the name of a party represents its political ideology and values.
- Multiculturalism is a political ideology that has completely altered the demographic identity of this nation.
- The term Libertarian stands for a political ideology that basis itself on freedom.
- He thinks of Europe as being a brake on the ideology of economic unilateralism which is capitalist, conservative and reactionary.
- Of course, motives, ideals, and ideologies do play a role in political violence.
- If I'm a realist, that means I think judges ought to decide cases on the basis of my political ideology.
- This position seems quite incompatible with a political ideology that claims ethical and moral superiority.
- The imposition of any one version of knowledge would be expected to reflect the ideology of the controlling political group.
- Economic ideology is most strongly predicted by income and other indicators of economic class position.
- I have two questions: why are so many people in this thread necessarily equating fascism, a political ideology with one form of fascism?
- In examining the evidence, one must conclude that Gaullism is neither a doctrine nor a political ideology.
- All nation-states, whatever their political ideology, have persecuted minorities in the past and many continue to do so today.
- Economic ideology took a decidedly secondary place, with respect to what they considered as an overriding historical imperative.
- He does not subscribe to the ideology of any political party.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.