In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1luz de aviso feminine
- For providing an easy-to-use ‘security idiot light’ to Linux system administrators and distributions everywhere, Nmap, we salute you.
- While I waited I scanned my HUD and checked the idiot lights from the other stations on my watch; all were green; no one was under attack.
- Other than this high-tech version of a car's idiot light, I saw no other symptoms.
- An apt metaphor indeed, as motor mechanics call these gizmos ‘idiot lights.’
- The idiot light for Foxtrot Base just turned red; they are surrounded.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.