- There are open-air fruit sellers, women "strong as mules, hard as stone, ill-humored."
- A notorious spot featuring an ill-humored grandmother was universally panned.
- The two continued conversing when an ill-humored Olivia came upon them.
- My time has been taken up with appeasing the whims of a very impertinent and ill-humored stallion.
- She shifted her eyes to Frederick, whose ill-humored reaction to Olivia's slight was quite evident.
- Now when the ill-humored husband spied Lennie's wide smile, his temper boiled over.
- He turned an ill-humored eye toward Younge, who sat further down the table pouring over the treasury accounts.
- It is ill-humored in some places.
- It's not exactly ill-humored, but you can't really call it jolly fun, either.
- I tried to understand the ill-humored nonchalance that had overtaken me.