1aciago literarymalaventurado literary
- His birthday was ill-omened, for it found him afflicted by influenza.
- According to Sontag, cancer is often ‘felt to be obscene - in the original meaning of that word: ill-omened, abominable, and repugnant to the senses.’
- The breathless void of the sea was wantonly rousted out, as an ill-omened wind hailed from the east.
- With this ill-omened report in his hand, Goering stepped out of the door of Hitler's salon.
- On the second day of October, her evil family gave to her two ill-omened crows.
- The building narrative progresses through ill-omened and distorted imagery of horses ill in a hospital and gaping splits in reality.
- So too the fiendish destruction of the public and private Hermes figures in Athens two years earlier, on the ill-omened eve of sailing of the Athenian armada for Sicily.
- The good news, therefore, is that naturally unlucky people don't have to accept their apparently ill-omened fates.
- Why did Ella and I have to go to that ominous, ill-omened party on that fateful, fateful day?
- I once had a Danish friend, now dead, who told me that his ancestor had aimed the ill-omened cannon, and claimed that it was out of penance that he became a professor of classics in a Canadian university.
- I am not certain I could strike at any one of the ill-omened Wade family without partaking of your curse myself.
- The psychic unease that Faulkner weaves into Quentin's obsession with the girl foreshadows an ill-omened conclusion.
- Benny Lynch originated the stereotype of the ill-omened Scottish champion.
- I was reminded of Maxwell Smart's ill-omened Cone of Silence.
- She broke the walls of His study, setting every ill-omened text of unclean lore alight.
- During the tour visitors walk to an impressive overlook to peer into the ill-omened pools of bubbling, black, steaming liquid.
- To quote The Master of Ballantrae: ‘Something speaks in my bosom; and so much it says plain - that this is an ill-omened journey.’
- The ill-omened page of postmodern historicism has been definitively turned.
- I made him pose as my significant other at Penelope's party on that ill-omened day.
- I could feel a maddening mixture of emotions percolating inside of me, and I had the distinct, ill-omened feeling that everything was going to rush to a boiling point tonight.