In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(unlawful)(act/entry/import) ilegalI've done nothing illegal — no he hecho nada ilegal / nada (que esté) prohibido
- illegal immigrant or (US also) alien — inmigrante ilegal
- illegal substance — sustancia prohibida / ilegal
- to make sth illegal — prohibir algo
- The report also raises concerns over the efforts to tackle illegal drug use in prison.
- Anyone found with illegal substances in their bloodstream will face prosecution.
- So it was cruel of York police to choose this week to announce a major crackdown on illegal driving.
- The line between vigorous price competition and illegal predation may be a fine one.
- We offer advice on the procedures to get court orders to remove illegal encampments.
- I have also seen loads of illegal dumping and it's vandalism of a natural amenity.
- Many illegal drugs have to be imported into this country from different parts of the world.
- The use of this illegal extension currently involves a form of religious gathering.
- Swindon Council has had to take action against illegal camps in the town in the past.
- He was sentenced to four years for illegal possession of the firearm with intent to endanger life.
- He thinks it will be difficult to prove it is his voice on the bootleg, illegal version.
- No Court will lend its aid to a man who founds his cause of action upon an immoral or an illegal act.
- Further the use of cluster bombs as indiscriminate weapons is also illegal it is contended.
- Taking any other type of drug is also an illegal activity so surely one can lead to the other.
- They need to be believe that illegal activity is going on in premises before searching them.
- If it cannot protect them from drugs then it should protect them from illegal drugs and gangsters.
- English law makes illegal a contract to indemnify a person in respect of liability for fraud.
- It is one of the biggest cases of Internet piracy and illegal copying ever discovered.
- When we looked into it a number of computers were generating lots of illegal traffic.
- He was charged with possession of illegal substances and a public order offence.
2USSportantirreglamentarioillegal procedure — jugada antirreglamentaria feminine
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.