In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Hence it is brought to one of 60 illicit processing laboratories dotted around the Khyber Pass.
- Drugs are illegal and illicit because they do incredible harm and no good whatsoever.
- Russian investigators in pursuit of illicit transfers were not always helped by foreign officialdom.
- Pubs, clubs and people's homes were still the most common places for bootleggers to sell illicit goods.
- Under the legislation, the object of confiscation is not punishment but the forfeiture of an illicit profit.
- Currently the sources for acquiring cannabis and hard drugs are one and the same - the illicit drug dealer.
- Politically, the most important criminal industries are illicit trading in arms and in drugs.
- I mean it is designed to dissuade young people from starting with illicit drugs.
- There is a history of illicit drug use while in hospital which had some associations with the symptoms of his illness.
- Every now and then, supply vehicles are sent out to get food, medicine and illicit black market goods.
- The city of Taurio is a place of drugs, illicit liquor and vice of all kinds.
- Recent authority for illicit conduct of this nature dictates penitentiary time.
- Copy protection, especially to prevent overseas piracy for illicit sale, is an important issue.
- They will put an end to the illicit drug trade, and quash the insurgency and end violence in Colombia.
- The judge replied that Campbell's therapy was to keep her off illicit drugs.
- This in turn seems to have been associated with the rise of a large illicit distilling industry in the north and west of Ireland.
- If you make it legal and normal, most of them would move onto something else illegal and illicit.
- He also admitted to having been in possession of illicit drugs and related utensils.
- The villagers pledged to keep away from liquor and also shun illicit distillers from their area.
- Nor are these the only incidents in which police have been said to be actively involved in an illicit trade.
2(frowned upon)(love affair/relationship) ilícito
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.