In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- When he's not writing works of fiction, Gray has also been known to try his hand at radio plays, dramas, short stories, poetry, painting, murals and indeed illustrating his own books.
- Her assignments included illustrating George Balanchine's book Complete Stories of the Great Ballets.
- It was produced at only a handful of mints, and few specimens are known, but they have been illustrated in countless books and articles.
- While some make their mark illustrating books, magazines, product packaging and so on, grads are also designing video games for the likes of Edmonton's Bioware Corporation.
- Photographic picture books, illustrating New York and other subjects, proliferated; a number of these featured the work of the new documentary photographers.
- To illustrate the Book of Ruth, Merian chose to represent Boaz and Ruth at the threshing floor.
- The book is well illustrated with a number of figures and photographs.
- They are very compelling fossils because they are so exact and they're representing animals that I hadn't quite seen before and there's a book illustrating some of their variety.
- The slim volume is illustrated with photographs of Bainbridge as a wide-eyed ingenue.
- This book is beautifully colourfully illustrated by Edward Eaves and is lots of fun.
- His website suggests that, as well as a career as a session musician (the musical equivalent of emptying ashtrays), he's started illustrating children's books.
- We talked about Sidney Nolan, who had illustrated his most recent book, and about Australia.
- These publications launched DeCora into a career illustrating books of Indian folktales for children.
- John Hodgkiss edited the diverse selection of reportage and portrait photographs illustrating the book.
- The pictures that so richly illustrate the book are often of very great beauty.
- He has written several books and has illustrated many more.
- I've also made a lot of lithographs, and I've written and illustrated half a dozen books about countries and cities.
- The user guides and booklet are illustrated, and for the most part they are well-written.
- Many artists use collage techniques for illustrating picture books.
- They form a set that illustrates the 12 books of Paradise Lost.
1.2(book/edition) ilustrado(lecture) ilustrado con diapositivas(lecture) ilustrado con proyeccioneslavishly illustrated — profusamente ilustrado
- There are lengthy charts illustrating the kind of rhetorical strategies used to enhance the literary appeal of the letter to its hearers.
- The chart illustrates the disparity in the incomes of the parties.
- Chart 1 illustrates the path of employment in industry, the key exposed sector of the Irish economy.
- So let's look at another example as we explain and illustrate the general method.
- A flow chart illustrating the testing sequence is shown in Figure 2.
- The charts which illustrate the light curves of variable stars remind me of quilting charts.
- Taleb uses this hypothetical experiment, and its results, to illustrate a number of errors in thinking.
- One or two things seem to me underplayed (the great baroque invention of the Duet, for example), but thought has gone into explaining and illustrating most genres.
- When Touch of Evil was first announced, a documentary explaining and illustrating the changes that resulted from Welles' memo was to have been included with the DVD.
- The chart above illustrates the saturation pressure for water vapor as a function of the ambient temperature.
- I'd really like to see a UK version of the Red Tape chart, illustrating the size and scope of the US federal government.
- On a broader level, the book also illustrates the way the trajectories of technological change cannot be taken for granted.
- The global perspective is best illustrated by his book, A History of Christianity.
- This exclusive picture graphically illustrates the decline of Swindon's much beloved Mechanics' Institute.
- The following chart illustrates the finishing position of each champion in the first race of the season.
- In her book, Postrel offers diverse examples and stories to illustrate her concepts.
- So I'm going to try again, this time with some charts to help illustrate the jargon.
- I clicked on an icon, triggering a flow chart that illustrated their organizational relationship.
- Both books illustrate the way the Suharto family exploited Indonesia.
- Rescorla uses network traces and clear diagrams to illustrate the concepts introduced in the text.
2.1(explain by examples)ilustrarthis example illustrates how serious the problem is — este ejemplo ilustra la gravedad del problema
- Three examples can serve to illustrate how a choice of ruler was made and the thinking behind the resources made available to him.
- The impact of the falling euro on sales returns is illustrated by the latest results for IBM.
- Inverness won 4-2, a result that illustrates the changes at this club this season.
- The result perfectly illustrated the difference that a millionaire can make to life in the English first division.
- All of this serves to illustrate an extraordinary double standard that exists at the heart of public life.
- The cases of Lithuania, Uzbekistan, and Russia serve to illustrate why this is the case.
- This surely serves to illustrate most clearly why a change is required - so few were the away wins this season, for the majority of teams.
- One example will serve to illustrate how comprehensive and penetrating his discernment is.
- A striking example illustrating this pattern is given by tropical and temperate forest trees.
- Consumer spending statistics on apparel over the past decade illustrates a clear trend.
- California's wine scene is one of the best examples to illustrate diversity.
- I do hope that this election serves to illustrate to everyone that it is not about them and how they can benefit with a modest tax cut here and there.
- This has been a massive success and the book sales illustrate this.
- These results illustrate the importance of examining for nonhistorical signals.
- These results illustrate that variation exists in maize for the impact of ploidy on gene expression.
- Revealingly, Halberstam's book illustrates several of the shortcomings it purports to dissect.
- Clearly, this is a grossly simplified example but it serves to illustrate how such a solution is very open to sabotage.
- Wars illustrate the hatred between countries.
- The latest employment figures serve to illustrate that little has been done.
- These results also illustrate the problems faced by the Labour party.
2.2(show)poner de manifiestodemostrar
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.