In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- It's a large format picture book with facts and illustrations about the lives of people all over the world.
- Not only the texts were analysed, but also the covers and any illustrations in the books.
- His magazine illustrations and the drawings he made for his paintings have much in common.
- Wentzloff has been drawing children's book illustrations since she was only a child.
- The journal was beautifully produced, the illustrations including original prints.
- I really do think I shall be able to work the stories and the illustrations up into a nice little book for publication.
- It was Mr. Kalliganur who did the cover design and also a few illustrations for all these books.
- As with any children's book, the first things that strike you are the illustrations.
- The industry is still too accepting of mediocre illustrations and photography in general.
- Scotland on Sunday has obtained images of the fingerprint illustrations central to the case.
- The newspaper featured many illustrations of the President Chairman and rather fewer of any one else.
- It is therefore perhaps proper to review separately the illustrations that comprise this book.
- Among the many illustrations in this new book are previously unpublished photographs by Warhol.
- Including poems and illustrations, it is a beautifully produced book which shows the city in all its facets.
- She was absolutely riveted to see at first hand the paintings which appear as illustrations in her textbooks.
- Most of these illustrations originally appeared in the research articles reporting the data.
- Blake's countless fans will be fascinated to see favourite illustrations in the original.
- The book contains numerous illustrations but the poor reproduction detracts from their value.
- A big part of my understanding is through drawings or graphic illustrations.
- The photographs and illustrations enhance the information, and some new material is on display.
- This is a powerful tool, and the author's explanation and illustration should help players apply it to their own study.
- Back at school, have the students record their memories through illustration or descriptive writing.
- The teachers read them and would award extra marks for descriptiveness, inventiveness and illustration.
- This use of illustration in accounts of life in a railway works is significant in several ways.
- With the decline of interest in Victoriana, such books disappeared and with them much of the art of architectural illustration.
- It ‘gave a rotundity to my person, a wave and curl to my hair, and perhaps led me to fancy pictorial illustration and flaming colours’.
- As a proportionalist, Dunn is very complete in his description and illustration of premoral and moral values.
- When I was there they were very much into minimalism, and they felt that figurative work was illustration, not art.
- The three basic elements of translation, commentary, and illustration are pleasingly balanced.
- Exhaustively researched, The Sword and the Cross is somewhat deficient in maps and almost totally lacking in illustration.
- Born in Sunderland, she studied illustration and textile design at the Newcastle upon Tyne College of Art and Industrial Design.
- We focus on legislation, explanation, interpretation and illustration in the form of examples.
- In fact, none of the regular contributing illustrators who did ads had any editorial illustration in the same issue.
- However Clarke is also known for his work in illustration.
- I had written my final thesis on mysticism and shamanism, complete with illustration and tipped in plates.
- At college I studied textiles and illustration, so I married the two.
- Gifted with his hands he studied illustration and design under Austin Molloy at the Metropolitan School of Art.
- By the close integration of text, commentary, and illustration, he gave the renaissance world a definitive anatomical thesis.
- Tucker's writings are diffuse and unmethodical, but marked by humour and quaint illustration and comment.
- What takes place is not interpretation but illustration.
- Another illustration that he gives is an analogy between words and pieces in a chess game.
- Does this illustration demonstrate that different ABC programmes provide different points of view?
- Even if one applies the old test of not only tell the employee what to do but also how to do it, it would be a very clear illustration of the fact that it is not.
- Big Rock's seasonal example from last year was a much better illustration of this style of beer.
- The most vivid illustration of India's efforts to use soft power as a tool of foreign policy came recently in Afghanistan.
- Consider as an illustration Sartre's example of a young man torn between joining the Free French and caring for his aging mother.
- Perhaps the most graphic illustration of this was in the US three years ago.
- The perfect illustration of this is Marshall Berman's example of the rock in the backyard.
- His record provides perhaps the most graphic illustration of the real nature of this policy.
- It is also an extremely funny illustration of the national obsession with word-play, in-jokes and notably filthy double entendre.
- The graphic illustration of that is the Waco transaction where the client paid ten times the premium sought by the underwriter.
- This year in a perverse way has been a very good illustration of these basic facts.
- An illustration of a study using a triangulation approach is an investigation by Hughes et al.
- This slightly facetious example is an illustration of a problem that is causing some real teeth-gnashing.
- David O. Russell used a similar effect in Three Kings as a graphic and terrifying illustration of what a gunshot can do.
- Now there is a quick visual illustration of the size of the problem - someone has made a wallchart containing all the characters so far assigned in Unicode.
- An illustration of the expansion is exemplified in the following Senior Steward's experience.
- What more graphic illustration of that very point can there be than their reaction to Moore's article.
- He then gives a colourful and graphic illustration of the point.
- My own case was merely an example, an illustration… guess I thought it would be a lot more common.
2.2(exemplification)ilustración feminineby way of illustration — a modo de ejemplo
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.