In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Computingfotocomponedora feminineimagesetter masculine
- With capstan imagesetters, the laser is stationary and the media moves.
- High-quality fonts provide additional information to printing devices, such as imagesetters.
- Another difference between an imagesetter and a typesetter is in the format of the data.
- Our full range of imaging devices can be used as imagesetters or platesetters, simply by loading them with the appropriate media.
- Your imagesetter is already set to print to a file, and if you check this it just confuses things!
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.