In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1asamblea pública feminine
- The imbizo is aimed at strengthening ties between government and the public.
- ‘The meeting (of cabinet) noted that this issue did not arise in any of the imbizos with the mass of the people during the course of last week.’
- He asked him to arrange an imbizo with traditional leaders, saying there were many questions they wanted to ask.
- One of the participants at the imbizo complained that though people had cellular phones in this rural and mountainous area, they could not use them.
- Attending the imbizo were mayors, councillors and ward committees from the OR Tambo District Municipality.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.