1the Immaculate Conception — la Inmaculada Concepción
- Throughout the centuries, the Franciscan Order promoted the doctrine of the Immaculate Conception, which sought to absolve the Virgin of Original Sin, supposedly transmitted to her by St Anne.
- The pope's trip commemorates the 150th anniversary of the proclamation of the Immaculate Conception, the dogma that says Mary was born without original sin.
- Soon afterwards, in 1694, following a practice that had spread in Spanish universities, she signed with her own blood a private vow to defend the doctrine of the Immaculate Conception!
- In Washington, the Catholic Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception is the largest church in the Western Hemisphere and eighth-largest in the world.
- In 1854 he defined the doctrine of the Immaculate Conception of the Virgin Mary (the Mother of Jesus Christ) and encouraged the Marian cult.
- In a long and learned review of the theological history behind the doctrine of the Immaculate Conception, Boss shows how in modern times Christians, too, have participated in dividing body and spirit.
- Some folks think there's a huge significance to the fact that the Eastern Church has no doctrine of the Immaculate Conception.