In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Instead, many Western Samoans seek to immigrate to American Samoa.
- His parents immigrated to the United States in the early 1970s, and he was born in Baton Rouge.
- All four of my grandparents legally immigrated to this country from Russia, Poland and France.
- The readership either still lived in Eastern Europe or had immigrated to the United States.
- My parents immigrated to the United States from Bangladesh and gave birth to me soon after.
- Indeed, when they immigrate to developed countries they are often among the most creative and inventive people in their new homes.
- Moreover, if he were finally deported, he would be permanently barred from immigrating to Australia.
- She has lived in Durham, North Carolina for six years since immigrating from Mexico City and last December gave birth to her third child, Carlos.
- Following this money, more than 1 million Taiwanese have immigrated to China to live and work.
- After you immigrated to America, you spent some time in a yeshiva.
- If one does not wish to live in Korea, one should immigrate legally.
- Most farm workers descend from Africans who immigrated to Zimbabwe specifically to work on these farms.
- In fact, we not only don't recognize the marriages; we don't allow anyone to immigrate who has been part of such a marriage.
- Outcasts and refugees from throughout the world have immigrated to it and flourished as they could have nowhere else.
- Imagine you lived in a far-away country and chose to apply to immigrate to our great white chilly north.
- Most lived in Germany for at least 10 years before immigrating to Canada, during which time they incorporated German customs and baking into their Christmas celebrations.
- I hadn't stepped foot on Haitian soil since I left in 1986 and immigrated to California.
- A country surely has the right to decide who is permitted to immigrate and become a citizen of that country - that is not the issue.
- It is also known that many European settlers first lived in Venezuela, only to immigrate to the United States.
- Belize is dotted with tiny colonies of Mennonites, most of whom immigrated in the fifties from Canada and Mexico.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.