In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1sistema inmunológico masculine
- The body's immune system reacts to both these infections by attacking the bacteria.
- It may also affect the immune system and lead to an increased frequency of infections.
- During this time your body effectively has no immune system and you are at increased risk from infection.
- People with weakened immune systems are more likely to develop abscesses.
- Once the immune system has been damaged, opportunistic infections begin to appear.
- One important effect of the polio vaccine is to stimulate the immune system within the gut.
- In most cases lung infection is well controlled by the immune system, and shows no symptoms.
- Allergies are caused by the body's immune system reacting to allergens as if they were harmful.
- The infection causes the immune system to activate white blood cells and chemicals to fight the bacteria.
- These infections only affect people whose immune systems are not working properly as a result of another illness or treatments for cancer.
- To be infectious it would have to survive cooking, digestion, and the human immune system.
- Finally, much of the toxicity related to gene transfer is mediated through the immune system.
- The body's immune system responds by creating a membrane around this infected portion of the brain.
- In comparison with people not in hospital, they are more likely to have a weakened immune system.
- Others have immune systems suppressed by chemotherapy or anti-rejection drugs.
- Premature babies are at increased risk of infection because their immune systems are immature.
- They also discovered that the host animal must have a healthy immune system for infection to take hold.
- Other risk factors include poor diet, smoking and a weakened immune system.
- Why shouldn't alternative therapies that make you feel better boost your immune system?
- Children and people with lowered immune systems may remain infectious for longer.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.