In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Cells were harvested and protein extracts were prepared for immunoprecipitation and immunoblotting with the indicated antibodies.
- The samples were processed by immunoprecipitation followed by immunoblotting.
- Fraction purities were assessed by a combination of Coomassie staining and immunoblotting of electrophoretically separated proteins.
- The specificity of this antibody towards wood peroxidases was confirmed by immunoblotting.
- Extraction of total soluble protein from tobacco leaves and immunoblotting using the above antibody was carried out according to standard protocols.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.