In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- An international team of scientists has managed to cure a child with severe combined immunodeficiency using gene therapy.
- Sometimes a person is born with an immunodeficiency - these are called primary immunodeficiencies.
- Patients with humoral primary immunodeficiencies have an intact cellular immune system; thus, they are able to handle most viral and fungal pathogens, a factor that can help to distinguish these disorders clinically.
- Dioxin, its deadly component, can cause an increased risk of cancers, immunodeficiencies, reproductive and developmental changes, nervous system problems and other health effects, according to medical experts.
- Children, patients who have diabetes, or patients who have immunodeficiencies are more susceptible to gram-negative infections and may require treatment with a second- or third-generation cephalosporin.
- The internationally accepted term is now the human immunodeficiency virus.
- The section on primary immunodeficiencies is a particular strength.
- The combination regimen is used as an antiretroviral therapy for human immunodeficiency virus infection.
- Furthermore, children with humoral immunodeficiencies often have infections in other sites such as ears, lung, and skin.
- The human immunodeficiency virus attacks the immune system.
- Primary immunodeficiency diseases caused by genetic polymorphisms are now largely diagnosable with molecular probes.
- With more than 70 disorders classified as congenital immunodeficiencies and other syndromes in which immunodeficiency is a significant component, it is somewhat overwhelming to attempt a thorough cataloging.
- He did all this while managing patients with primary and secondary immunodeficiencies and allergy.
- Surgical excision has the potential risk of rendering a child athymic and prone for developing immune dysregulation and immunodeficiencies.
- Her human immunodeficiency virus status was negative.
- Chapter 8 further discusses immunity and immunodeficiencies, including an introduction to acquired immunodeficiency syndrome.
- Similarly, persons with acquired immunodeficiency syndrome are susceptible to systemic candidal infection.
- It is now 20 years since the immunodeficiency syndrome that came to be known as AIDS was first reported.
- If such warning signs are detected early enough, doctors can sometimes successfully treat people suffering from primary immunodeficiencies.
- Persons with comorbid conditions, such as diabetes, immunodeficiency, or impaired circulation, are at increased risk.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.