In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- As animal trypanosomes are easy to maintain in culture and multiply rapidly, they have evolved to become the models of researchers in the field of molecular parasitology and immunology.
- Separate survey instruments were developed for microbiology, hematology, chemistry, immunology, and blood bank departments.
- Advances in human genetics and immunobiology now provide an opportunity to capitalize on recent discoveries in basic immunology and cytokine biology.
- She earned a doctoral degree in immunology and natural killer cell biology at Ohio State University.
- Entire categories such as cardiology, pulmonology, nephrology, gastroenterology and nutrition, and allergy and immunology are omitted.
- The university's laboratory of clinical immunology and molecular biology is named after him.
- Neurocysticercosis offers interesting perspectives for research in immunology and parasitology.
- The instrument used was based on topics included in the Illinois study and updated by consulting current immunology and serology textbooks.
- The introduction of hybridoma technology has opened new vistas of research in immunology, diagnosis of infectious diseases, and purification of specific antigens.
- New advances in molecular epidemiology, host mucosal immunology, and antifungal treatment have, however, enlivened investigation into this common condition.
- He is board certified in infectious diseases, allergy and immunology, and rheumatology.
- They utilized electron microscopy, biochemistry, and immunology to identify the biological properties of various cell fractions.
- Apoptosis research continues and includes developmental biology, cancer research, genetics, immunology, and toxicology.
- Sometimes I'd even start lecturing the new students present about anatomy, histology, cardiology, immunology.
- If you decide to undertake allergen immunology, your child may begin receiving shots containing very small doses of allergen once or twice a week.
- Where they felt expert opinion was required, they consulted some of the most eminent experts in the field of transplantation immunology and general immunology both in Australia and overseas.
- He has published several research articles on immunology, parasitology, and public health.
- He is an internationally recognized investigator in the areas of immunology, molecular biology, signal transduction and gene transcription.
- For his breakthrough work in immunology, Ehrlich, along with Elie Metchnikoff, received the Nobel Prize in Medicine in 1908.
- Inoculation laid the groundwork for vaccination, immunology, and medical statistics.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.