- Overall, hydrocortisone did not induce immunosuppression.
- It eliminates the need for a donor organ and immunosuppression.
- There was no clinical evidence of immunosuppression, and serum immunoglobulin levels and the results of a protein strip test were normal.
- The use of antilymphocyte antibody therapy for immunosuppression also enhances the likelihood and severity of infection in susceptible recipients.
- In the presence of immunosuppression, relapse is common and hence antimicrobial prophylaxis needs to be lifelong.