In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Some banks provide information about ‘dentition’ of donors, with reports of impacted teeth or the donor's need for braces as a child.
- People who have impacted wisdom teeth that are not causing problems do not need to have them removed.
- Our jaws are a little small to accept wisdom teeth that are often impacted and may need pulling.
- In the past, removal of impacted wisdom teeth has been recommended even if the patient has not been experiencing problems.
- An impacted tooth is at higher risk of cavities because they are often difficult to clean properly.
- Rose has been suffering with four impacted wisdom teeth, but ‘they're not as painful as the price’ of having them removed.
- Wisdom teeth usually become impacted because the jaw isn't large enough to accommodate all the teeth that are growing in and the mouth becomes overcrowded.
- There are different types of impacted wisdom teeth, depending on the way the tooth has grown through.
- An impacted tooth must be removed as soon as the first symptoms are diagnosed rather than wait till it causes decay in the next tooth.
- Later, her mom told me that she had an impacted wisdom tooth which was just starting to act up, and which I had helped to make go away.
- Neuralgic pain - caused by impacted wisdom teeth - has sapped my enthusiasm for just about everything except sleep and procrastination for the past few days.
- Wisdom teeth become a problem when they don't rise above the gum line, but remain impacted in the jaw, causing inflammation.
- The criteria also exposed children with certain types of impacted teeth to the possibility of receiving less than ideal treatment.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.