In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Viewpoints about the history of this country must be from a fair and impartial angle.
- If you understand those principles, if you apply them, you will be impartial and a fair trial will take place.
- He performs duties on behalf of the United Kingdom as a whole, and must therefore be seen to be fair and impartial.
- At least it means we can enjoy impartial unbiased commentary from now on.
- In itself that is no objection provided the witness is fair and impartial.
- The notion of observation as the impartial and objective source of evidence for science is bankrupt.
- And so these are two different visions of how you want to select a fair and impartial jury in a case.
- This provides free, independent, impartial and confidential advice to people with debts.
- Now more than ever, there is a need for impartial professional advice.
- However the process of making a planning decision must not only be fair and impartial but must be seen to be so.
- How impartial and objective do you think twelve ordinary citizens can ever be?
- Chief among these was our attachment to the ideal of impartial and dispassionate administration of justice.
- Can one hold such strong views and yet remain impartial and objective?
- We should make objective and impartial assessment of the hard realities of life.
- How these professionals can remain dispassionate and impartial in their job I will never know.
- I undertake to exercise the functions and powers of the office in a fair and an impartial way.
- An adjudicator must be, and must be seen to be, disinterested, unbiased and impartial.
- I would need to be convinced that the centre would provide impartial advice.
- The perspective of the scientist was supposed to be cool, detached, and impartial.
- Expert guidelines are expected to be objective, impartial, and independently derived.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.