In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1impecablehis French was impeccable — hablaba un francés impecable
- She sings with a conversational freedom and impeccable, colloquial diction.
- They were in absolutely impeccable form that night.
- They are graduates of the best universities and are highly intelligent with impressive degrees and speak impeccable English.
- As you would expect, with such a large field to choose from, the technical standard is impeccable.
- They epitomise the simple but impeccable standards of the band.
- Her writing and pedaling credentials are impeccable, and her accumulated mileage impressive.
- But it's a minor blip on an otherwise impeccable soundscape.
- His playing is technically impeccable and bears a distinct stamp of his own charismatic style.
- His precise Irish pedigree is not clear, but his self-made man credentials are impeccable.
- Such cases are the black sheep to an otherwise impeccable theory.
- With impeccable timing and grace, we were then led through to our table.
- No, we'll be putting such things as impeccable taste aside for now.
- I have chosen it because of the impeccable reputation of the journalists concerned.
- Many people say that he was someone of impeccable integrity.
- His accent was stronger than his daughter's, but his clarity just as impeccable.
- The beauty of the designs is heightened through the intricate, untarnished and impeccable finish.
- By winning 21 titles on the PGA Tour, he has set his own impeccable standards.
- I have impeccable taste in music, and everything that I like is cool.
- He did what he always does to his usual impeccable standards.
- The line, a showstopper by any standard, was reinforced with impeccable finish and an eye for detail.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.