In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1impecablehis French was impeccable — hablaba un francés impecable
- By winning 21 titles on the PGA Tour, he has set his own impeccable standards.
- His precise Irish pedigree is not clear, but his self-made man credentials are impeccable.
- The beauty of the designs is heightened through the intricate, untarnished and impeccable finish.
- Her writing and pedaling credentials are impeccable, and her accumulated mileage impressive.
- He did what he always does to his usual impeccable standards.
- I have impeccable taste in music, and everything that I like is cool.
- His accent was stronger than his daughter's, but his clarity just as impeccable.
- As you would expect, with such a large field to choose from, the technical standard is impeccable.
- The line, a showstopper by any standard, was reinforced with impeccable finish and an eye for detail.
- She sings with a conversational freedom and impeccable, colloquial diction.
- They were in absolutely impeccable form that night.
- I have chosen it because of the impeccable reputation of the journalists concerned.
- They are graduates of the best universities and are highly intelligent with impressive degrees and speak impeccable English.
- Such cases are the black sheep to an otherwise impeccable theory.
- His playing is technically impeccable and bears a distinct stamp of his own charismatic style.
- No, we'll be putting such things as impeccable taste aside for now.
- They epitomise the simple but impeccable standards of the band.
- Many people say that he was someone of impeccable integrity.
- With impeccable timing and grace, we were then led through to our table.
- But it's a minor blip on an otherwise impeccable soundscape.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.