In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1imperialismo masculinecultural/economic imperialism — imperialismo cultural/económico
- One reason the old empires did crumble was the changing balance of forces in world imperialism.
- And throughout his life he opposed British imperialism, denouncing British rule in India.
- Many in the global south regard tourism as a new form of colonialism and cultural imperialism.
- The combustible fusion of imperialism abroad, fear-mongering at home, and ready access to firearms has ensured this.
- None of them offer an alternative to imperialism and neo-liberal policies.
- They had to fight against the corporate parasites up top and imperialism abroad to retain the value they produced.
- But at every key moment the party leadership has supported imperialism and war.
- Hopefully, this last gasp of imperialism supported by industrial capitalism will be short-lived.
- But those who resisted British imperialism had to resist it on the colonial periphery.
- The government's abuse of civil rights at home goes hand in hand with its brutal imperialism abroad.
- Most other non-Western political systems were not able to resist Western imperialism and lost their independence as a result.
- The climax of European imperialism in the nineteenth century coincided with the European population explosion.
- The collapse of imperialism in the twentieth century was a fundamental change in world politics.
- People worldwide should condemn imperialism in all its forms.
- What social force is of necessity forced to go the whole way in the struggle against imperialism?
- This is the clearest manifestation of resurgent imperialism and colonialism on a world scale.
- They have opted instead for the oldest trick of imperialism - divide and rule.
- Ordinary people around the world must try to resist the new imperialism which is just as pernicious as the old.
- Western imperialism is much more thorough than that.
- The concept of American cultural imperialism has entered the op-ed lists.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.