In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- We certainly do not need another front man for imperialist aggression around the world and a police state at home.
- What we are seeing in the world today is a product of this murderous imperialist policy.
- Only revolution could prevent the American bourgeoisie from entering into this war or beginning the third imperialist war.
- This has been accompanied by a turn to imperialist war and neo-colonialism.
- Today, a new era of imperialist violence and colonialism has begun.
- He ended up supporting the democratic imperialist powers in the Second World War.
- Rather than being a humanitarian intervention, the invasion is a brutal act of imperialist aggression.
- The need for a new imperialist strategy is as urgent as ever.
- All other imperialist governments have their own methods of achieving the same ends.
- They in no way challenge the capitalist and imperialist character of the European Union itself.
- But they would still be forced to do business with capitalist and imperialist powers.
- The result has been an act of imperialist aggression without precedent since the Second World War.
- We have to be a thorn in the side of this imperialist government.
- They're colonialists, operating in the wake of war and imperialist expansions.
- The basic social force for opposing imperialist war is the working class.
- The jungle paintings are also a response to Europe's imperialist expansion during this period.
- Here are just some of the key events in this bloody history of imperialist intervention in the region.
- Many said we need to resist the occupation, further imperialist wars and capitalism.
- Military conquest and colonial-style occupation is only the most overt form of imperialist domination.
- They had no potential support other than that of imperialist bayonets.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.