In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(with intent to deceive)suplantación de identidad feminine
- But all I did was make my impersonation of Bruno more caricatured - put the onus on her to work this out.
- This isn't simply an imitation or impersonation of Brando, but it's eerily close.
- Each of these contained violence so stylised and impressive that impersonations of their impact have never ceased, and still Scorsese was assured and individual enough to make a film very much his own.
- I still don't get impressions or impersonations.
- The multi-talented multi-ethnic group of seven men sings, dances, plays instruments and does impressions and impersonations.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.