In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Excessive scratching can cause a bacterial infection such as impetigo, which may make symptoms worse.
- It can be classified clinically as impetigo contagiosa (non-bullous impetigo) or bullous impetigo.
- The doctor may also notice scratch marks and secondary bacterial infections such as impetigo.
- You're especially at risk if you have atopic dermatitis, eczema, impetigo or a history of these conditions.
- One of the most common of these is impetigo - a skin infection that mainly affects infants and children.
- Staphylococcus aureus is a common type of bacteria that can live harmlessly on the skin but sometimes it can cause a number of common infections such as boils, impetigo and wound infections.
- These symptoms can be confused with impetigo or cellulitis.
- This bad water has caused skin diseases such as impetigo, scabies and eczema, as well as chronic diarrhea problems.
- Eight children in the estate were infected with impetigo, a skin disease, which residents claimed was connected to the dump.
- Prevent impetigo infection from spreading to other family members by using antibacterial soap and making sure that each family member uses a separate towel.
- They can also be passed by touching the infected skin of someone who has strep impetigo, or by sharing towels, clothing or bed linen.
- When someone has impetigo, the infection can spread to other household members on clothing, towels, and bed linens that have touched the person's infected skin.
- Most staph infections aren't serious; one example is impetigo, a contagious but superficial skin infection.
- The differential diagnosis of nonbullous impetigo includes shingles, cold sores, cutaneous fungal infections, and eczema.
- The daycare wanted to make sure his skin wasn't contagious - much like impetigo or leprosy.
- Common skin infections include cellulitis, erysipelas, impetigo, folliculitis, and furuncles and carbuncles.
- Those ailments included scabies, a parasitic skin infection, and impetigo, a bacterial infection linked to poor sanitation.
- It can cause skin infections like impetigo and pustules.
- Several years later, Maureen discovered that the woman had had a severe case of impetigo, a highly contagious skin disease which, if untreated, can damage the kidneys, and cause septicaemia.
- These two kinds of bacteria are the main causes of cellulitis and impetigo.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.