In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(stimulus, boost)ímpetu masculineimpulso masculine
- He does concede that these scandals added impetus to the process.
- Impetus for creation of the International Lincoln Center can be traced to late 1982.
- And the key impetus for growth will be product innovation and customer orientation.
- The expanded literature search was very coincident with the initial search, providing most of the same reasons, purposes, and impetuses for developing peer institution selection systems.
- First, what are the impetuses for conducting institutional comparative analysis?
- The main impetus for change was the response of the parties to the collapse of communism.
- We have already seen the impetus for reform of vertical restraints.
- Religious instruction formed much of the early impetus for the creation of Renaissance art.
- The requirements of homogeneous diesel combustion processes give additional impetuses to the continued development of piezo controls for unit injector systems.
- The initial impetus for these reforms was to promote a high skill, high wage economy.
- Later in the 19th century a fresh impetus was given to the sport with the arrival of Prince Albert.
- Further impetus was provided by my teenage son who has embarked on his own photographic odyssey.
- One of the most interesting points to emerge is a recognition that with hindsight, European radicalism has once again written itself as a form of diffusionism, its sources and impetuses exclusive unto itself.
- And I believe that these new leaders add a new impetus to the situation.
- One was that such cheap labour would add new impetus to the expansion of the colony.
- His firebrand politics lend an emotional impetus and an urgency to his work.
- They also gave renewed impetus to the production of deluxe illustrated manuscripts of secular texts.
- An additional impetus for change in the way traditional radio stations do business is on the horizon.
- The power of the Western media in lending impetus to a popular cause is palpable.
- Detectives are reported to be hoping the letter will add fresh impetus to the investigation.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.