- And this infernal monster, Popery, is now rearing his impious head again in this long-favoured country, and will, I fear, soon repeat his diabolical cruelties upon the Church of God.
- Either conception is to the Jew not only impious and blasphemous, but incomprehensible.
- The lares, penates and relics of our sacred ancestors have been spared the impious axe of Jacobin tyranny.
- This aptly named impious herb is a useful image for his discussion of the impious disrespect of clerical hierarchy that he claims is concomitant with an improper relationship with God.
- During the French Revolution, for example, blasphemy against the state and nation began to replace blasphemy against God as French society reinvented the meaning of impious speech for the cause of liberty.