In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The earlier events in the day had probably implanted wrong ideas in his head.
- It's never too early to implant the concept of original aspect ratio to our children.
- Someone who procures another to commit an offence by threats or by implanting a false belief may have substantial causal influence.
- He implanted thoughts and memories that made you doubt each other.
- A suggestion is implanted while people are in an ‘Alpha state’ to give more hours, work harder, and forgive transgressions such as no bonuses.
- But he has spent decades implanting the idea that he is an icon of his people and the two are inseparable.
- With a thought, Jerry could implant a suggestion into other people's minds.
- The concept of corporate culture is firmly implanted in the lexicon of management.
- Riding my bike would clear my mind of all the impure thoughts implanted by corporate America and unleash unbridled creativity.
- She implanted a suggestion in the woman's head that she had never seen her and that she had passed out due to the fact that her blood sugar was low.
- It is the work of eliminating the old idea residing in the mind of people and implanting in it an advanced idea suited to an ideal society of mankind.
- They all laughed at Eddy's face implanted in their minds.
- I want to say that although you cannot be possessed by demons they can implant thoughts in your mind through suggestion.
- The idea being implanted in the voter's brain is simple.
- I inhaled his cologne, and tried to implant in my mind what it felt like to hold him.
- So my foot can be implanted in the minds of every little kid reading a textbook!
- So, after a lot of trial and error, I finally got the spell right to implant the idea that he'd like to go on holiday.
- Growing student populations were used to implant a sentiment of urgency.
- Others suspect that the ‘memories’ were implanted during interviews, and are unrelated to real events.
- You also have devices that can be used to implant ideas through subliminal suggestion.
- It can block the surge of hormones that cause of ovulation and it can also thicken the mucous and change the uterine lining which makes it inhospitable for a fertilized egg to implant.
- Some assisted conception techniques carry an increased risk of ectopic pregnancy, where the fertilised egg implants in the fallopian tubes instead of the uterus.
- A common treatment for irregular hearts is to implant an electronic pacemaker.
- Currently, about 250,000 electronic pacemakers are implanted in patients annually in the United States.
- If the sow has not eaten enough to sustain herself over the hibernation, the egg will not implant.
- Once the egg is fertilized it may implant in the woman's uterus, where it should continue to develop and grow until birth.
- Why would we not implant a pacemaker in order to prevent further episodes?
- Thus, in an ectopic pregnancy, the fertilized egg has implanted itself outside the uterus.
- When Liu introduced an embryo to the artificial uterine lining, it successfully implanted.
- In nature, not all of these successfully implant and are carried to term.
- So far in the United States, however, most of the chips have been implanted into the company's own employees.
- In around one in 100,000 pregnancies it falls out of the fallopian tube and can implant anywhere in the abdomen.
- The images are processed and sent to electrodes implanted in the patient's visual cortex.
- The males and females encounter each other briefly in the spring to mate, but the fertilized egg does not implant in the uterus until 10 or 11 months later.
- But he warns there will be legal problems if we eventually try to have the devices surgically implanted.
- If it does not implant, then (fertilized or not) that egg cell is released from the body during a woman's normal menstruation.
- All three of these birth control methods clearly prevent fertilised embryos from implanting in the uterus (thus terminating a pregnancy).
- One company already sells a chip that, implanted subcutaneously, stores a patient's medical history.
- The cells were then implanted under the skin of mice where they produced collagen and other materials consistent with cartilage.
- Someday soon, money may even exist on a chip implanted under your skin.
- Fibroids in the uterine lining may prevent the fertilized egg from implanting; a fibroid blocking the opening of the fallopian tube can keep the egg from being fertilized in the first place.
- Most would agree it begins when the fertilised egg implants in the woman's uterus.
- He is the only Oregon surgeon now implanting the disc and will train other surgeons on the procedure.
- Tests with monkeys who had electrodes implanted in their brains showed the animals could control a robotic arm using thoughts.
- If fertilization has occurred, they prevent the egg from implanting into the uterus - the medical definition of pregnancy.
- They are implanted in patients that are not responding to medication.
- The short, yet strong burst of hormones provided by the pills interferes with the hormone pattern necessary for a pregnancy to occur by preventing an egg from implanting in the uterus.
- Between five and seven days after ovulation, the fertilised egg implants into the wall of the uterus and produces root-like outgrowths called villi.
- The chips are implanted into cattle so farmers can determine which cattle are theirs.
- This stops any eggs that are fertilised from successfully implanting on to the wall of the womb.
- A pacemaker is a small, battery-powered device that is implanted permanently into the body.
- Of the 339 eggs transferred by the research team, 90 managed to implant properly in the uterus, and 15 offspring were born.
- They're generated by a device implanted in the chest, with wires running up the neck.
- One in 80 pregnancies is ectopic, when the fertilized egg implants outside the cavity of the womb.
- The monitor is implanted in the chest and records the heart's rhythm.
- Surgeons implanted the device until a donor organ could be found.
- This is when the fertilized egg implants outside the uterus, most often in the fallopian tube.
- In addition, pellets containing the male hormone testosterone were implanted in the abdomen.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.